Gas Leak Causes Evacuation Of Hopkinsville Business 

A gas leak at a Hopkinsville business led to an evacuation Wednesday morning.

Emergency personnel say an anhydrous ammonia leak due to plumbing issues inside the Airgas building on Pembroke Road led to an evacuation of the employees. Approximately 1000 pounds of anhydrous ammonia leaked out, however no one was injured and the leak was contained.

Commonwealth Agri Energy evacuated as a precaution and it’s unclear how long Airgas will be shut down for repairs.